Individual Tax Return Checklist
- W-2’s for wages earned
- 1099’s for interest, dividend and capital gain income
- Interest received from municipal bonds
- State Refunds
- K-1 forms for partnerships, s-corporations, estates and trusts
- 1099R forms for distributions from retirement plans
- Sale of stock during the year
- Purchase date, cost basis or cost including commissions
- Sale date, Proceeds – sale price
- Total year contributions to IRA accounts
- Year-end brokerage statements
- Unemployment compensation
- Year-end Social Security Statements SSA-1099
- Any other form of income? Rental, Farm, Royalty, etc.
- Educational expenses paid 1098-T
- Interest paid to student loans for educations
- Child care expenses paid including provider name, address, and Tax ID Number
- Medical expenses paid out-of-pocket (including Health insurance & prescriptions drugs)
- Long-term care insurance premiums paid
- Total mortgage interest paid – Year-end mortgage statements
- Charitable donations – church, etc.
- Non-cash Charitable donations – Organization, Address, Type of gift, and value of gift
- Personal property tax bills paid during the year
- Real Estate Taxes paid on primary and secondary residence
- Federal/State estimated tax payments made during the year
- Settlement statement from house purchase or refinance during the year
- Dependents full name, social security number and date of birth
- Children born in the past year? If yes – Name, Date of Birth, SSN
- Health care verification forms
Tax Preparation Services
Follow us Social Media
Monthly Accounting & Payroll Solutions
Todd & Associates CPAs’ cloud-based MAPS program allows businesses to streamline their accounting needs into one of the three packages, with monthly recurring rates based on transaction volumes:
The GPS Package is for small businesses navigating from point A to point B. This package offers basic bookkeeping and payroll support tailored for routing operations.
The Road Map Package is for growing businesses who need visibility into all potential routes to get to their destination. This package offers monthly financial statements and analysis on the changing nature of the business, along with more robust payroll and payroll tax support.
The Globe Package is a comprehensive accounting support system for larger businesses without their own accounting departments. This system includes client-selected features such as cash flow analysis, bill pay, and invoice management. Our payroll system can also serve as an HR support function offering employee handbooks, onboarding, and other employee paperwork.